Disclaimer: You don’t have to be on every single channel!
Navigating the seas of social media can be a confusing and chaotic journey. With so many social media networks to choose from, you’re probably overwhelmed by choice or drowning in the demands for each channel.
Should you be on Twitter?
Do you really need a Pinterest account?
What the heck in LinkedIn?
Before you take on more than you expected and burn out, it’s time to focus on the channels that will help you connect with your target audience, drive engagement, and boost revenue for your company.
How to choose the best social media channels:
1. Determine your target customers- Where do they hang out online?
2. Consider your brand and your industry- Not all social media channels will align with your brand or content
3. Analyze your traffic sources- Which channels bring the most traffic to your website?
4. Look at your competition- What can you learn from their mistakes/successes?
5. Evaluate your Content- Building a presence online involves more time than you think. Do you have time to consistently engage with your audience on more than one channel?
6. Define your goals- What results do you expect from your social media strategy?
Here is a breakdown to help you choose:
-Great advertising tools
-FB groups provide a medium for more engagement for businesses
-Most popular social network among millennials
-Optimal for deep engagement
-Easy to reach new potential customers
-Average life of a pin is 3 ½ months
-Pins are hyperlinked to their source
-Builds SEO with referral traffic
-Great for organic networking
-Effective for customer service
-Ideal for quick thoughts
-Optimal network to reach professionals
-Opportunity to directly communicate with users on forums
-Can share content with links to your website
-Videos are largely to be shared on other channels
-Google gives priority to YouTube in search
-2nd largest search engine after Google
Now, it’s up to you. Once you select your ideal channels, get started on planning, creating, and publishing your content. Hope this helps!